15 November 2007

rush of caffeine and fiber

With new coffees to try and several fiber choices to knit from, I am ready to begin a new project or two (after the holidays). My package from Steph arrived (ok, a few days ago...but I've been a bit busy), and I am truly pleased.



Contents included:

  1. Interweave Knit's "Holiday Gifts" magazine, which I had been brooding about but hadn't been able to find.

  2. Handmade ladybug stitch markers that fit up to a US 10 needle. Surely I won't loose these.

  3. Coffee: Peruvian Fair Trade Organic (love fair trade coffees) and "Flying Monkey". I can't wait to try these. Steph says the Flying Monkey is Guatemalan with a hint of "mystery". These coffees are from a local roaster in PA who carries coffee originating from Bali, Brazil, China, Colombia, Costa rica, El Salvador, Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda,...too many other countries to list them all.

  4. Fiber:
  • Louet Euroflax Aberdeen Heather linen yarn--chunky weight, "milkweed" (silver/grey) colorway.


  • Jaeger baby merino--DK weight, "charcoal grey" and "pearl" colorways.


  • 60 yards of her own (yes, you read that correct) hand spun yarn with bits of pink recycled silk.

As I sat gushing over the contents of the box, the cats were enjoying the box itself.




No comments: