13 October 2007

my owl arrived


My package from my pal from Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap 3 arrived today.

Contents:



Uno with Harry Potter characters on the cards. This is coming with us camping! Dove milk chocolate covered almonds. So smooth...they just melt in the mouth, like they weren't worth any calories at all. Italian milk chocolate with almonds bar. I'll have to fight for my half with my husband. Brittany birch hardwood dpn's, 7 1/2 inches, US #2 (2.75mm). Cookie A.'s "Twisted Flower" sock pattern. I have been drooling over this pattern for quite some time. I love the almost Celtic design she has created with this pattern, as well as the way the heel is part of the pattern. Perfect to wear with clogs, where the heel shows.







Point protectors/stitch holders in the shape of golden snitches. They have this wonderful glow and sheen to them in the light. Ravenclaw stitch markers: three with blue gems, two with teeny-tiny golden snitches. Two skeins of Knit Picks, Palette, Peruvian highland wool: marine heather, and wood colorways. My mind is already whirling with a half dozen projects that these could be a part of. A skein of Seacoast Handpainted yarn, 50% merino wool, 50% tencel: kelp colorway. It has hints of purples and greens as well as blues and browns. Quite stunning. Oh, and the handmade bag! Deep blue outside, a shimmering bronze inside, with a pocket (inside) and a button closure. The handle is long enough to sling over the shoulder so that, if one were so coordinated enough, one could be walking and knitting at the same time.


8 comments:

Sunflowerfairy said...

I'm always amazed at the beautiful things people swap.

It seems like you made out pretty well. :)

I wish I liked sock knitting more. Cookie's patterns are pretty.

Anonymous said...

I so love that Seacoast - it is gorgeous!

Sandy said...

pretty yarn! What a great owl

krisknit79 said...

Sorry, I've been away from my computer for the last couple of days.

So glad you like the package, happy knitting!

Sally-Anne said...

Hi sock pal.
The package is a real treat.

Please check your HSS2 gmail. I sent you a note.

Sally Anne

Neila said...

Hey, fellow Ravenclaw! We need your Quidditch answers before the snitch is released tomorrow! HURRY!!

Unknown said...

I have this color of seacoast and it knits up beautifuly! You got a wonderful package!! Happy knitting!

bonitapita said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment on my blog. Maybe you and I need to do a KAL when we start these Twisted Flower Socks, huh?