01 July 2008

tagged and shipped out

Marta tagged me -- but come to think about it, Tournesol tagged me back in May (oops). Springtime is busy, very busy. Here you go...

The Rules:

  • "The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags five people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs, leaving them a comment about being tagged, inviting them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you've posted your answers."

What was I doing ten years ago?
  • attending water polo games, swimming meets, and plays in support of my (then) high school aged daughter in her varied and many interests/pursuits
  • working in non-profit and attending university classes
What are five things on my to-do list for today?
  • sew pillow shams
  • lose myself for an hour in a good book
  • make some fresh whole wheat pita bread, souvlaki, and tzatziki for dinner--mmmm
  • visit the farmer's market
  • take delight in the little things
What are some snacks I enjoy?
  • raw veggies
  • multi-grain pretzel sticks (yes, the stick shape does indeed taste better than the "traditional" twisted shape, in case you are interested)
  • fresh coconut (don't peel it, thank you very much)
  • fresh pineapple
  • popcorn
  • a good creamy milk chocolate--better if it included almonds or hazelnuts
What would I do if I was to become a billionaire?
  • invest
  • set up a trust fund for my daughter
  • move to another country (no, I can't say which country since there are so many contenders)
Where are the places I have lived?
  • Idaho, Nevada, Colorado, Oregon, California (all in the United States, sadly)
What are the jobs I have had?
  • my first job was in a Sprouse Reitz store at the tender age of fifteen
  • a few odd facts about that first job: my favorite section of the store was the fabrics, from which I created many a dress and skirt for myself; after the manager saw my handwriting, I made all the signs for the store
  • my latest job--no, career--is an elementary school teacher
  • there were many sorted jobs in between, but probably the more interesting and possibly unusual for some folks: engineering drafter--before the age of computers when plans had to be hand-drawn and hand-written (water and sewer piping, steel and iron detailing for buildings, roadways), and carnation grower
Thus, I come to the end of the task. This is the part that is uncomfortable to me. It feels too much like a chain letter, having to write down names of people to "send" this to, because to not pass it on is inviting danger into your life (wasn't that what we were told to believe through those dozens of chain letters that seem to still float around even after all these years). It's the same level of discomfort as having a sales clerk hover nearby when you are just looking at a shirt, then she rushes over to "help" with coordinating other pieces of clothing (I didn't know I needed any help in that area of my life) and can they put these in a changing room for you or put them at the desk. Oh, the pressure. Here goes:
**Oh, by the way, this post makes an even 100 posts...who knew! Happy dancing all around!

5 comments:

Debbie T said...

Does my tag count since you didn't link me? :=) Loved your answers btw!

Debbie T said...

P.S. Wouldn't mind setting up house in Denmark, maybe in my next life. It's been ranked as the happiest country in the world. I thought it was Disneyland! :=)

Laurie said...

Deedee...so sorry...this just goes to show you I can't talk on the phone, create links, and work around two cats all at the same time! Your link is now fixed!

Debbie T said...

Ok, I've completed my answers..not real exciting ones, but I've never needed a lot to make me happy.

Unknown said...

Cool! Thank you! Got your mail - the schools here are traditional schedule. The district I'm working in is starting obnoxiously early. They're taking more long weekends. My kids start almost two weeks after I do - that will be interesting. Loved your answers!