23 May 2007

constants and notables











Notable: I have been derelict in by duties blogging. Busy. Busy. Looking at a change for next fall makes me crazy. I have been chastised by friends and family...in a nice way but I get the point. Bear with me a couple more weeks.



Constant:
There will always be enough zucchini for the family, neighborhood, co-workers, and beyond.


Notable: My daughter is amazing.

Constant: "Each particle of matter attracts every other particle with a force which is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between them." That is Sir Isaac Newton's Law of Universal Gravitation. Well, I do know for a fact that gravity works. The particles of matter in my knees and hands were very definitely attracted to other particles on a sidewalk in Chicago. There was force applied. The mass of concrete won the contact sport (me being the soft, squishy one of the two). Surprisingly nothing was majorly damaged (on me...who cares about the sidewalk that wasn't flat to begin with). There is not going to be a picture of this event. No one wants to see the bruise that extends from my right knee to my ankle, the cut toe that bled in a pool inside my sandal, or the scraped up palm.

Notable: The graduation was, well, like most graduations. No one can see well, the speeches are dry (for the most part), people bring infants who won't remember the event anyway but make it unpleasant for everyone around when crying commences (out of boredom and someone holding them all the time when they aren't used to being confined). I do understand that families want to be there...I commend them for the support they give. Maybe consider hiring a nanny or babysitter for the day to help so that you, too, can enjoy the celebration.

No comments: