02 June 2008

at home


How often do you stop to enjoy the simple, everyday pleasures? Somewhere between childhood and adulthood, we let go of being-in-the-moment. Walk with a toddler or small child. A single black beetle crossing the pathway, the smoothness of wet green moss on a rock, a spider web tying two branches of a bush together--these are the things which a wee one would stop and take notice, enjoying the moment, the sheer pleasure of the moment for itself.

This spring has been a busy one, full of the responsibilities and whackiness an adult world demands of us. I feel stretched out like a piece of silly putty, ready to snap. I find myself missing that oneness with the current moment--just being in that now-moment, savoring. I have been spending too much time trying to balance and juggle other's issues and have lost myself (the curse and bane of a Libra, I suppose).

Feeling the need to come back to basics for grounding, to meditate on the moment, to enjoy the small pleasures and treasures one can find while in the now-moment, I found a bit of inspiration through Shutter Sisters. The challenge is to find a hidden message. A message in our adult too-busy-to-stop-and-notice-the-beauty-around-us world.

Home is grounding. Home is safe and comfortable. "X" marks the spot.

3 comments:

Debbie T said...

I have found the best way (through the teachings of Eckhart Tolle) to stay present and in the moment is to surround myself with nature..for me, the best 'nature' is in the mountains, but even a local park or trails work too. You definitely have to limit your time with people who choose to stay wrapped up in their 'pain-bodies'. It will drain you. Oh boy, don't get me started. lol Take care of YOU!! ((((Hugs my friend)))

Debbie T said...

p.s. I LOVE the photo..GREAT!!

Diane Grenkow said...

Lovely post, friend.