27 June 2008

departed


I pause a moment to witness a passing, an ending.

My faithful Apple Powerbook G4 choked, wheezed, and gallantly tried to show me by happy, lovely Tuscany hillside of orange flowers on her screen yesterday, but could muster up nothing past the blue-grey screen and Apple logo. Quite sad. She was true to her designers name--a powerbook quite capable to handle any task assigned her.

There's a bit of irony in having my mom come into the modern age as I am relegated back to our {shudder} desktop HP. It's old, slow, and just a beast to work with (it's not an Apple, need I say more?). I can't roam about the house. I can't work on a whim. I have to negotiate an operating system that is not friendly.
I must
sit
at
the
desk
to work.

It's been less than twenty-four hours. How do people live like this, shackled to a mammoth sloth system, unable to be free?!

I'll be fine. I'll breathe, meditate, focus. I'll get through this. It's temporary. {whimper...withdrawals are such a nasty affair}.

1 comment:

Debbie D said...

I see you wearing black in mourning.